The Habitgrowth blog is a place where solopreneurs can learn more about time management and productivity. The transition from being an employe to being self-employed comes with many challenges, managing your time and being productive without a corporate structure being one of them.
The goal of this blog is to help solopreneurs to be more effective with their time so they feel less stress and overwhelm while working on, and in, their business.
While a lot of the time management and productivity tips and techniques that are shared on the Habitgrowth blog are useful for everyone, this site focuses on the needs of entrepreneurs and solopreneurs in particular.
Solopreneur = Freelancer, Consultant, Coach, Independent Contractor, …
Want to submit a guest post to Habitgrowth’s blog?
If you would like to write a guest post for the Habigrowth Blog, please read the following carefully and get in touch with Kristof if you have any questions.
Requirements (The Bare Essentials)
Submitted articles that do not follow these requirements will definitely be rejected. These requirements are the minimum, for additional tips and guidelines, see the next chapter below.
- Original Posts Only – Your post should be new material that has not been published on any other site yet. Browse the article archive and make sure that I haven’t already covered your topic. All new content should complement what has been produced in the past. We cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog, LinkedIn, Medium, or Inbound.org afterwards.
- Writing Style – Your article matches the writing style of my other articles.
- Appropriate Content – Read some of my writings and you will get an idea of the types of topics that I publish on this site. I also only accept content that is relevant for solopreneurs.
- My Choice – Guest posts are published at my discretion. There may be several reasons for me to turn down your post: E.g. I may not like your topic, idea, format, article quality, or it just may not be the right time for that topic on Habitgrowth. If that is the case, I invite you to submit again in the future.
- Not for Advertising – Habitgrowth is not the place to advertise your product. You can place one link to your site in the body of the article and one in the author box if your site is relevant for my audience. Of course, no affiliate links are allowed, nor are self-reviews. That is what your own website is for.
- Proper attribution of data – quotations, and outside content referenced in the article. Link to relevant sources where necessary.
- Editing – We’re not going to completely overhaul your article, but we reserve the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
Tips & Guidelines
The requirements above are mandatory. To increase your chance of your guest post to be accepted, follow the tips and guidelines below as well.
- Article length – Articles on the Habitgrowth blog are typically 800 to 1800 words. While I value quality over quantity, there is a minimum for a post to be accepted.
- High quality & no fluff – While the length of the article is important, the quality and writing style is more important: stuffing an article with fluff to meet the article length requirement is not appreciated. Also, the more I have to edit your post, the less likely it will be chosen for publication. You should have checked it for spelling, grammar, and punctuation prior your submisiion.
- Proof your article – Proof your article at least once so that it is ready for publishing when you submit it. When you make our task easier, we can get your article published faster.
What We Won’t Accept
There are some things we simply can’t accept:
- Anything that’s been covered on our blog before. Please do a search of our site before submitting your articles.
- Anything that may be construed as a link-building scheme.
- Anything that’s too promotional for your company or organization.
- Anything that’s offensive or inaccurate.
- Anything that’s overly critical of individuals or companies — this is not a site to air grievances.
- End your article with a call to action
How to submit a guest post
Follow these guidelines to increase your chance for your guest post to be approved and published on the Habitgrowth blog.
Please send your guest post to email@example.com with the with the following:
- Important: Use the word “Collywobbles” in your email subject so I know you’ve read these guidelines. Emails without this word in the subject line will be ignored.
- Your completed and proofread text in a Google Docs link (preferred) or in Word format (.docx) with proper headings
- Your image files (with attribution and link to the original image) in a separate folder.
- Short author bio including a maximum of one anchor text link to your own website.
If your article meets editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your article will be published. That process may take up to 2 weeks.